It is a opportunity to live, pray, and play with the Sisters. This includes Meditation, Morning Prayer, Mass, Daily Visit, Rosary, Spiritual Reading, Rosary, and Evening Prayer. It is a time to work with the Sisters in their apostolate (in a school or a camp) or preparing something for one of these works. And it is a time to get to know the community through chores, meals, games, and the Goodnight.
Unmarried women 16 - 30 years of age who are discerning a call to religious life.
Mary Help of Christians Academy/Convent
659 Belmont Avenue
North Haledon, NJ 07508
We LIVE here! Contact Sr. Theresa at
See the schedule of “Come and See”s so you can meet the other girls discerning!
WHAT WILL BE BE DOING?
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Notebook and a pen, prayer books, rosary
- Liturgy of the Hours (We have extra, but if you have an ipad or tablet, you can download “Ibrieviary,” which has the same format we use.)
- An open mind and heart
- Work clothes
- Sunday best clothes
- Bathing suit in the summer
- We supply sheets and towels
- If it's summer, bring a bathing suit; we have a pool!
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW FOR MY VISIT?
If you are flying:
Fly in to Newark Airport (EWR).
If you fly in to another airport, take the bus to Paterson.
If you are driving, let Sr. Theresa know you're coming.
Try to arrive before 5pm if you can, so you can settle in before evening prayer.
Departure is usually around noon.